Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
When Christmas Eve rolls around this year, don’t forget to set out that delicious plate of treats for Santa (with a cold glass of milk, of course!) This is one that Santa (and the rest of the family) is sure to love. These Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies would be perfect for a cookie exchange or bake sale as well.
I prepared these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies with “better for you” ingredients like whole wheat flour, coconut oil, organic peanut butter and oats. But there was no scrimping on taste whatsoever; my family went wild over these cookies with such phrases as, “Melts in my mouth!” and “Amazing!” I think you’ll love them too…just don’t forget to leave a few for Santa!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used organic version, just nuts & salt)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup quick-cook oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil and butter until blended.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar and mix until creamed.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add eggs, beating after each.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and coconut. Mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet a little at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in dry oats.
- Use a tablespoon to drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned. Watch to make sure they do not overcook.